Jackie-morphosis : Growing via Travelling ^-^

Welcome to my personal diary!

Bienvenue sur mon journal intime!

Bienvenidos a mi diario personal!

Willkommen zu meinem persönlichen Tagebuch!

A world of mine… =)

Friday 27 August 2010

Marudi - beside the Tranquill Baram River

It's my second day at Miri, 1st day at Marudi...Both are located in the Miri state in Sarawak, Malaysia!

From my sharp observation, which is significantly confirmed by my uncle later, Marudi as an interior city which is 2 hours away from Miri City by car, is one of the most important city in interior Sarawak. Hence there is no surprise at all to see so many government agencies and even complete sets of banks in its city! Here got Public, RHB, BSN, AmBank...etc...etc...

This morning I accidentally drop my cousin's hubby NOKIA E63, and that makes me feel sooooooo bad! Almost lose the strength to continue my next Borneo journey. I dropped it, so of course, I HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT! Although Ling keep telling me that's it's ok...yet I still feel very very bad...

Luckily thank God. HE does send me some mesenggers to cheer me up again! From Miri we travel down to Marudi, a small city situated beside the Baram River. It's 2 hours from Miri City by car, or 2 hours by ferry, or 20 minutes away by airplane (MASWings!). Well, choice is really yours...which in turn depends on your time requirement and your budget...

We are welcomed quite warmly by my Marudi uncle's family. It's a very unique family that I should say can be seen nowhere. My uncle is a Chinese ( of course ), and his wife is a typical traditional Kayan woman. They have two sons that seems stilll quite 'innocent'. The uniqueness is, my uncle and his wife chatting in Malay, later the sons talk in Chinese with their dad, and in Kayan with their mom! Wow! My lovely cousins know at least 4 languages due to their soooo called unique background. A harmonious blend of cultures and religions, real reflection of 1 Malaysia. That's why I love Sabah and Sarawak. Not much whatever so called 'issue', and free to talk to other friends even if they are Kadazandusun, Murut or Kayan! Suddenly make me remember when I still schooling at Ken Hwa during my Form 5. That's what really happen. 1MALAYSIA. PERPADUAN KAUM. INTERGRASI NASIONAL. And still remember Keezya Ubong, another my Kayan friend that shares the same root as me, everything is just harmonious blend... :)

Then at afternoon, a small incident happen, really makes me think back for a while, really should have no feelings already...I don't wish my each action is interpreted with thousands meanings...perhaps...may be...probably...silent is the best policy now...

Then I'm served with whole lot of traditional 'kueh' ordered by my Kayan aunty...Kuih Mawar, Kuih Mihun, Kuih Kapit (nipis-nipis~), in return I give them 'chun1 juan3" from Tenom, Sabah, Kuih Cincin and of course the Thorton's chocolates that I bring back from England far-away.

Then at night more traditional plus delicious food come as dinner. We have 'black soup' / chinese herbal soup aka 'ba1 zhen1 tang1' special in Sarawak. Then got fried 'long mirin' (a traditional vegetables), 'rebung' (bambooshoots), plus babi hutan (wild boar) and ikan air tawar (freshwater fish, caught from Baram River, very famous at Marudi)...

Then at night my uncle go for an acupunture treatment while my cousins bring me hanging around...a significantly smaller town that my hometown ,Keningau, Sabah...yet that's why I love Marudi, Sarawak again, everything is within walking distance, gone to almost the whole Marudi already! Perhaps Marudi is not as modern as Kangar or Keningau, yet does that really matter? Why don't appreciate the peace and tranquility available free to us on this marvelous land of Sarawak? Together with a cool terrestrial breeze...plus my innocent counsin's friendly chatter...everything turns out to be simple...and that's absolutely lovely (super deeeeee duper)!

Then later we're back we're served with more fruits. There is starfruit, dragonfruit, papaya, apple and the most wonderful thing, durian! Plan to eat long time already after back to Malaysia but my first attempt with durian is actually at here! Haha~ again, as metting with Pei Ru at BSB, Brunei, UNEXPECTED, LOL~ But I can't et some of the fruit, LOL~ (again...)

When I wanna close my 'tirai' for today, suddenly realise that my handphone is full of message already.

To my dear aunty at BSB, thousand thanks to raise me up since young and teach me how to love. We're not your children but we get te best care from you that some other real mom can't provide to their child. Deep in my heart, may you blessed with health and happiness...Great to see that you are living a simple yet quite-happy life at BSB now...Thanks again for everything...you are a great aunty...I know you should never visit this tiny corner of your nephew...hahaha...that's fine...=)

To Rou, again is a mixed mixture of remorse and confusion? Real friends will understand you and bless you with support. Balance your time, as before. Keep your studying pace, as before...When you seems confused, perhaps you actually already got the answer in your heart, just that you wanna confirmation from others. You can't be blamed in this case, that's kinda of human nature. No matter what, this is your 1st month. Don't push yourself too much. Just try your best. And do the things that you feel should be right. Remember, confidence =)

My real blessing to all my friends and family =)



With love,
Jack =)



- Lubok Nibong tomorrow -


- Back to nest ZZZzzz -

No comments:

Post a Comment