Jackie-morphosis : Growing via Travelling ^-^

Welcome to my personal diary!

Bienvenue sur mon journal intime!

Bienvenidos a mi diario personal!

Willkommen zu meinem persönlichen Tagebuch!

A world of mine… =)

Friday 27 August 2010

Marudi - beside the Tranquill Baram River II

Haloooo everybody... again is time for my busy reporting again! Well, seems internet line is harder to access for me, I better finish m Marudi trip updates a.s.a.p. now!

So yesterday I have travelled to the Lubok Nibong. That's my mom's old village, about 50-60 minutes from the centre of Marudi city centre. Well, nothing much to comment really. Just that my mom's old school - Chew Nan Primary School, will be closed and shifted to Miri very soon. So I'm requested to take some pictures for my dear mom so that she can see the shapes and colours of her old school before it is demolished...(so bad...)

Then we're back to Marudi again. i'm not driving, but the hot weather really 'cooks' me like oven when in the car! Plus as you know, sunshine is always free and available everywhere in Malaysia, as it is situated soooooo close to the Equator! Well...but I don't have time for naps as I need to update my memory card's pictures. or it's going to have memory burst! (LOL, of course not so bad de lah, just that my counsin loves to take videos, that makes the memory card instantly half-full already~)

Then at night my lovely Kayan aunty cooks me Tapah fish (fried version), which is a type of freshwater fish. It is caught from the Baram River, and then straightaway sold in the fresh market. Then my uncle also immediately buy it! hence, the fish is never frozen at all. That makes the fish tastes so soft and good! It's very different, not like the fish that you eat at restaurants everyday. The texture and aroma is significantly different! Tapah fish is very expensive according to mu uncle. A single 1 kg will cost you about MYR 300!!! Wow! That's super-expensive! Yet as it is caught locally here, the price is significantly cheaper, loh~

***

This morning I wake up at 7.10 am. All my cousins went to school already. Later my aunty also wanna 'cabut' / escaped to her hospital already! Yet before that she prepared me a glass of hot milo, and then as I'm leaving quite soon at 2pm today. She adviced me to take care (jaga diri baik-baik), then she gave me a hug! Oh my God, a simple hug, yet I feel sooooo touched by it! She did that likes it's a normal practise, and that makes me feel even more 感嘆。。。Why human relationships can't just be so simple? Between friends and familes, a simple hug, a sincere heart, why not?

Then my uncle fetch me to Marudi Airport. Hahaha, this is one of the good thing to be commented about! Hmm..Hmm...(clear my throat first)...It is one of the most important airport in the interior part of Sarawak, as Marudi Airport has flights (via MASWings) to connect Marudi to Miri, Bario, Bakelalan, Long Seridan, Long Akah, etc etc... Hence there is no surprise at all to see so many packets of 'keropok' / junk food, even canned drinks are brought home in cartons. I guessed that this is because it is very hard to get these so called 'easily-available-food' at interior part of Sawarak, especially when the road connection is just soooooo bad! Luckily we still have these marvelous flights! INTEGRASI NASIONAL! LOL~ And this makes me even appreciate more. Perhaps due to better tar road connection even in the interior part of Sabah (we have excellent road connection, hence Kota Kinabalu-Brunei-Miri-Bintulu-Sibu-Kuching road is established quite-long time already and has brought very significant development and improvement to the life quality of Sabahana and Sarawakians as a whole), hence my old airport at Keningau is closed already, and it is 'upgraded' to a Kara-oke centre now! Haiz, feel slightly sad when think about this...If Keningau got airport, the travelling time Kota Kinabalu-Keningau can be significantly reduced to just about 30 minutes!

Then it's time for my very own self-directed journey again! I travelled to almost the whole Marudi City. This time it's quite on my own, as my cousins are schooling now! I even travelled to the Te-Pe-Kong, the traditional Chinese temple here, the Dataran Marudi (Marudi  Square), and of course can't forget the most essential part, which is beside the tranquil Baram River, which is just beside the Marudi Port! The water may not be crystal clear, yet it is this yellowish water that has supported the agriculture, fishery, forestry and transport network here! (Kinda like the HuangHo / Yellow River at China huh? Yet I'm not very sure if HuangHo has played all the same functions or even more, ok??!!)

Then travel back to my uncle's house on my own, but get lost for about 15 minutes, and I have travelled in a big circle (hate this!) before I managed to get the right direction back to my uncle's sweet house, again! Phew! Well, that's fine...that's what quite-always happen when I am involved in self-directed journey, as I said before, my sense of direction...haiz...
\
And now I realised that my Geography knowledge is actually quite applicable as I always tried to link or to compare and contrast between different cities, such as Keningau and Marudi, Bristol and Kota Kinabalu, Bandar Seri Begawan and Kota Kinabalu, even Marudi and Kudat (Sabah)? That's good is it? Learn to use the knowledge that you have learnt! Therefore my travel trip is actually quite different from others. Well, usually what tourists do is to take pictures only at the hot-spot! For me, it's about learning how others live with other people, and how they interact with their surrounding, be it city, sub-urb, or even village! And sometimes I admit that I do pay attention to thye tiny details that seems so petty to deal with, especially for a tourist! well, isn't the tiny-tiny bits that has contributed to the perfectness of this world? For me, appreciate each detail, they do exist for some reason, huh? Haha~ So perhaps I should changed my profession, not a pharmacist, but a human geologist (physical geologist sounds of kinda crazy!)??? LOL, too bad, not now, plus I don;t think Malaysian Government pays high attention to this type of profession, although actually it's very important to understand the development of each city/area/state and how their development has contributed to the development of others!

I don't want to give a Geography lesson here. Later I'll be blamed for 班門弄斧!LOL~

To my friends that will have Penang Trip and Singapore Trip, (I know I know, plus Shanghai Trip right?) may you have a safe and enjoyable journey! (Wanna go to Peninsular also, yet due to time strain and budget strain, 算了啦)。。。

Till then, take care, guys!


Will love,
Jack =)




***   BACK TO NEST ZZZzzz   ***

No comments:

Post a Comment