Jackie-morphosis : Growing via Travelling ^-^

Welcome to my personal diary!

Bienvenue sur mon journal intime!

Bienvenidos a mi diario personal!

Willkommen zu meinem persönlichen Tagebuch!

A world of mine… =)

Friday 27 August 2010

Brunei Trip - My Second Day

Hmm... Really nothing much to do here, at least for this moment...

What I can say, Bandar Seri Begawan is really a quite medium-sized town...and it's truly purely Islamic! No alcohols, no cigarettes (DITEGAH MEROKOK, as Bruneian says). So some of the Bruneians (especially the lucky Bruneian Chineses) wil have some sweet escapes to Limbang or Miri Town, both located in The Bumi Kenyalang, Sarawak!

Even the commercial signboards all got Jawi characters (modified version of Arabic to suit Malay Language). Yes, applicable to almost 95% of the shops here I will say, small or big, fat or thin, tall or short! Even the Chinese shops also applicable! Interesting, huh???


KFC in Jawi characters =)


And Sultan / Yang Dipertuan Negara Brunei Darussalam is very very very highly regarded here! Even my aunt said that Sultan's birthday (15 July) is much more grandly celebrated than the National Day! (If I'm not mistaken, and if my South-East Asians History still functioning, it should be at 23 February).

The special signboards in collaboration with the Sultan Bolkiah's 64th birthday at 2010!



This is what I can say for this Islamic Monarchy Country, situated at the northern Sarawak...Bruneians really appeciate their status to be able to maintain the highly regarded Malay Sultanate system that may share great history as Kesultanan Melayu Melaka (Malacca Sultanate, too).

Brunei Darussalam, divided into 4 divisions, and some of the main cities are of course, BSB itself, plus Seria (Shelltown), Kuala Belait, Labu, etc etc. (And I plan to have a sweet escape to Miri soon via Seria, or to Limbang via Kuala Lurah!)

My thousand thanks to Afifah and Aqilah for at least replying my message! Not sure whether we will have breakfast as planned at the end, **finger-crossed** , but hopefully 'can-loh'! (Please don't forget to respond to my lovely Bruneian number, ok??? LOL...)

And of course my uttermost thanks to my aunt and my uncle Ah Voon, plus Uncle Ah Boon. At least I got a simple shelter at this BSB...and I have travelled to Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque at least, for some awesome snapshots, lalalalala~

Arrive at BSB! Yippie!

Selamat datang! Welcome! To BRUNEI!

Various races at Brunei Darussalam... =)

Night view of Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque Area - I

Night view of Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque - II


Well, let me summarise my journey for second day in photos~

In Brunei Musuem

AND

Outside Brunei Musuem!

And not forgetting some very nice photos of Kampung Ayer / Water Village, as claimed by the locals as --- Venice of the East! Hahaha~

(p/s: The facilities on Kampung Ayer are quite-complete, with schools, oil/gas station and even mosques! Interesting, huh???)






That's all the updates for today, I guess, as wi-fi connection is not everywhere, and my laptop need to be charged constantly...



**  Stay tuned  **





No comments:

Post a Comment